Sunday, March 11, 2007

Beneficials


Spring is an awesome time. There are so many tiny reminders that the world is awakening and starting all over again. Like this lady bug. I came in from the orchard yesterday and out of the corner of my eye saw that something was crawling on my shoulder. Not knowing what it was I batted it off and then discovered that it was a lady bug. I was relieved she wasn’t hurt. I picked her up and watched her as she crawled over my hand and sleeve. What a marvel these little bugs are, red like an m&m with spots. I led her to a lemon tree where she crawled from me to a new leaf.

Lady bugs and green angle wings are beneficials, those insects that we need more of. They eat the bad ones. Our modern chemical sprays are designed not to harm them. Thank goodness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home